Pages

September 23, 2014

First trailer for Galaxy Trucker will separate your saucer

She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

She may not look like much, but she’s got it where it counts, kid. I’ve made a lot of special modifications myself.

“Hey, didn’t you just write about Galaxy Trucker last week?” Yep. I did. Here’s the deal: I am head over heels in friggin’ love with Galaxy Trucker. I never knew before that I wanted to be the captain of a galactic garbage scow cobbled together from random parts and race other junkers on freight-hauling runs, but I did.

Galaxy Trucker is the top-class board-game-to-digital adaptation we’ve been waiting all year for. It’s strategic and rewards planning without feeling heavy or inaccessible. It’s light-hearted and fun but in a clever, knowing way. The quality of the app takes a little while to truly appreciate because of the cartoony graphics, but it’s one of the best thought-out UIs I’ve seen in some time. It’s got more multiplayer options than an octopus brothel.

Basically, if you read this site because you share my taste in games, then you’re going to want to get Galaxy Trucker for iPad when it comes out in the next week or so. It’s that good.

If you don’t share my taste in games, then please accept my humble apologies now, because there’s going to be more Galaxy Trucker content coming from us. I’m working on an interview with designer Vlaada Chvatil and Dave’s cracking on with our review.

In the meantime, watch this first trailer for Galaxy Trucker — it perfectly captures the game’s droll sense of humour and shows off some gameplay. It’s after the jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment