Pages

November 25, 2014

Fantasy Flight of fancy : BattleLore Command arrives

Yes, I'm the blue guys. Yes, I'm getting my ass kicked. Thanks for asking.

Yes, I’m the blue guys. Yes, I’m getting my ass kicked. Thanks for asking.

Apparently the folks at Fantasy Flight Games are a little confused and think it’s Christmas morning when it isn’t even Thanksgiving yet. Waking up today, under my imaginary tree, was a shiny package that I wasn’t expecting at all: BattleLore Command with an App Store bow. I’ve been able to play a little of the solo campaign this morning and, I’m not going to lie to you, it’s pretty great.

BattleLore Command was first announced at Gen Con this year, and is the first time the Command & Colors system created by designer Richard Borg has hit mobile devices. Basically, it’s a skirmish game in which two armies face off, but control of your armies is done with cards which indicate how many troops, and from which sections on the board, can be activated each turn. BattleLore adds a lot to that basic system, including a Lore system that allows you to launch spells that alter the battlefield and a slew of creatures that will join the battle on both sides.

On top of a solo campaign, there is also skirmish mode which plays pretty much just like the board game. You can play this mode either against the CPU or against others players via local wifi.

BattleLore Command is available for both iOS Universal (iPad2 and iPhone 4s or later) and Android. It will run you $10, but there’s no IAP to be seen, other than a placeholder for future expansions.

Trailer after the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment