Pages

November 13, 2014

Iron from ice : Telltale close to releasing first episode of Game of Thrones

If interested, call Westeros Realty.

If interested, call Westeros Realty.

I’ve spent a great deal of time in Westeros since I first picked up A Game of Thrones back in 2000. I’ve read and reread the books–the first three, that is–countless times and was as excited as Walder Frey at a wedding to see the show come to life on HBO. My enthusiasm has since died down, mainly because A Dance with Dragons was a steaming turd that infuriated me and stealing HBO became more trouble than it was worth. Still, I love the universe and getting to play around in it has always intrigued me.

Luckily, Telltale Games has announced that the first episode of their adventure series based on HBO’s Game of Thrones is nearly upon us. The game will span 6 episodes and put you in control of House Forrester (an actual house mentioned in that book that I will not name again), who find themselves thrust into the machinations surrounding the War of Five Kings. You will play as five different characters in the Forrester family and visit places from the show–such as King’s Landing and the Wall–as well as completely new locations created specifically for the game.

If you’re not familiar with Telltale’s other adventure games like Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us, you should know that they are some of the best adventure games ever made, marred only by the stupid use of quick time events during action scenes. Even with the vapid and poorly done QTE, Wolf Among Us is one of the best experiences I’ve ever had on my iPad.

The first episode, Iron From Ice, should be available for PC/Mac and iOS “soon”. Trailer after the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment