Pages

January 22, 2015

Out Tonight: Dragon Quest V, Invertical Touch, Conquerors Dice, and more…

Behold the glory of 1992 graphics!

Behold the glory of 1992 graphics!

I was planning on introducing Dragon Quest V’s release tonight by giving a lengthy dissertation on its history, gameplay and other wonderful features, but then I went and looked it up. Let’s just say its Wikipedia page is a fine example of tl;dr. That’s about as far as my research carried me, so I’m just going to admit that I know nothing about Dragon Quest V. Or even Dragon Quest 1-4, for that matter. I’m guessing there’s a lot of big fans of the game who are ready to chase me with torches to an old windmill right about now.

Luckily, tonight I’ll have the ability to familiarize myself with Dragon Quest V, as it’s coming out for both iOS Universal and Android devices. They’re charging $15 for it, so it must be good, right?

Check after the break for more of tonight’s releases.

Invertical Touch isn’t just the name of a new sexual position in my soon-to-never-be-published novel, Midnight Blogger. No! It’s also a new game published by Hunted Cow! Actually, it’s an old PC game developed by Oxygen Addict, but reworked for touch devices. It’s a platformer where you maneuver a cube through a maze of black and white paths which change depending on which color your cube currently is (which, strangely, isn’t too far from what’s in my novel). Invertical Touch is for iOS Universal and will run $1 with no IAP. Not a lot of screenshots available for this one, but I did manage to track down an old trailer for the PC game. Might not be exactly what you’re getting with the touch version, but is should give you a pretty good idea.

Conquerors Dice looks like it might be a roll and move game, and maybe even a Monopoly clone, but with battles. Or something. I’m not sure of anything other than it has dice. I think. Maybe? Yes, definitely. I have a trailer, which doesn’t really help all that much. There’s a screenshot on the iTunes page that says, “Get all the strong men ready to win the battle,” which should be enough for anyone to pull the trigger on this one. It’s for iOS Universal and Android and it’s free. We’ll have to wait and see what the IAP looks like.

Skyward is a puzzler that looks a little bit like Monument Valley and a little bit like Edge. It’s an Escheresque, dexterity puzzler in which you’re trying to get a disc through a maze by tapping at the correct time. It’s pretty and could be a good time. This one is for iOS Universal and is also free, with no word on any IAP.

I can see my house from here!

I can see my house from here!

post from sitemap

No comments:

Post a Comment