Pages

April 13, 2015

City slickers: Sentinels of the Multiverse heads to Rook City tomorrow

Expatriette eschews super powers and instead uses good old fashioned fire power. I'm okay with this.

Expatriette eschews super powers and instead uses good old fashioned fire power. I’m okay with this.

It’s been a long couple of weeks. After Owen unchained me (for cleaning, I assume), I noticed that the garbage can which usually blocks the doggie door here at Mt. Hexmap was nowhere to be found. I seized the opportunity and bolted on a family vacation in which I spent my time camping–yes, in a tent–in the wilds of Florida. I’m back now, re-shackled to the kitchen table with nothing to show for it but angry family members, bug bites in places I dare not mention, and Owen’s icy glare. On top of all that, I was given the opportunity to get my hands on a pre-release version of the upcoming expansion for Sentinels of the Multiverse, Rook City, but missed it because our tent, for some reason, didn’t have wifi.

It’s not like I’ll have to wait too long to get my hands on the expansion anyway because Handelabra has announced that Rook City will be releasing tomorrow for all platforms. The expansion will arrive as a $5 IAP, or as part of the Season 1 Pass if you’re going that route. Rook City introduced two new characters, Mr. Fixer and Expatriette, both of which feel very different from the other heroes. It will also introduce two new urban environments as well as four new villains.

I was, finally, able to load up the expansion last night and I’m really impressed. I haven’t been able to play Sentinels much over the last month or two and have missed an update or two along the way. If you haven’t picked up the game since its launch last year, give it another try. I was amazed at how much more polished and put together the game is now compared to launch, and I was the guy who loved it back then. All the confusion about what powers are helping or hurting has been cleaned up and clarified to the point where I never had to wonder why something was happening. On top of that, add new visual cues for the different effects and the game really shines.

Sentinels of the Multiverse is available for iPad as well as Android Tablets and Kindle. The expansion will be available tomorrow on all platforms, but the exact time is up to whenever it’s approved by the various powers-that-be.

After the break catch the guys at Handelabra playing Sentinels and previewing a bunch of the Rook City content.

post from sitemap

No comments:

Post a Comment