Pages

October 29, 2014

End of line : Transmission puzzler comes to mobile

If my actual wireless communication exams in college would have been like this, I might have passed.

If my actual wireless communication exams in college would have been like this, I might have passed.

Transmission: Connect to Communicate is a new puzzle game developed by the Science Museum (it’s in the UK, I checked) that’s supposed to be educational, but I don’t really see it. It is a pretty good puzzler, though, so I’ll cut it some slack. It’s also free without any IAP or ads, so it’s got a few things going for it.

Transmission tells the story of human communication starting with the telegraph and ending…somewhere. I don’t know, I’m only up to the computers level. The goal is to move cubes that represent information from a transmitter to a receiver using things like transceivers and for-loops. The initial telegraph and telephone levels are incredibly straightforward and serve as a decent introduction, but the game gets pretty darn tough as you move forward. I should clarify that, completing the puzzles isn’t too tough, but getting 3-stars by completing all the criteria for that puzzle can be quite tricky.

Transmission: Connect to Communicate is free and is available for both iOS and Android. Trailer after the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment