Pages

October 29, 2014

Out Tonight: New Tin Man book (from last week) and that’s about it

White dragon, guys. It's supposed to be a white dragon.

White dragon, guys. It’s supposed to be a white dragon.

The worst thing about writing an “Out Tonight” post on a day when there doesn’t appear to be any releases is that I know the very first comment will bring up a decent game that I missed and/or forgot. Go ahead. I don’t mind.

I’m going to pretend that you aren’t filling up the comments with great releases and go with what I have, a Tin Man release we missed last week and a match-3-ish puzzler.

We all know and love Tin Man Games, and their huge catalog of interactive fiction on iOS and Android is truly impressive. Last week, it grew a little more when they released the Fighting Fantasy book, Caverns of the Snow Witch. Author Ian Livingstone first released the dead tree version of Caverns back in 1984 and this digital version offers the ability to switch to retro mode which replaces the new artwork with the original drawings from back when Prince was making doves cry. Other than that, it’s your standard high-quality Tin Man release. If you love what Tin Man does, you’re going to love this book as well. It’s for iOS Universal or Android and it will set you back $6.

More releases (okay, 1 more release) after the break.

The only other release I found that was remotely interesting is Twisty Hollow which, well, I don’t know what the hell it is. It looks like a puzzle game where you’re trying to match symbols but they’re on a wheel and you need to match what the villagers are asking for. Easy, right? That said, I like the art style in the game and the wheel mechanic looks like something new and innovative, so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. Twisty Hollow is coming tonight for iOS Universal and Android and should cost $3.

Now, go have fun ridiculing my ignorance in the comments. Just my new-release ignorance, please. Leave my overall ignorance out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment