Pages

March 20, 2015

Driving the (re)bus: New puzzler Rebus due next week

Easy. "G" to the power of heart.

Easy. “G” to the power of heart. What do I win?

Rebus puzzles are one of those weird things that I remember doing all the time when I was a kid, but don’t remember seeing at all as I got older. Heck, I don’t even see them in the puzzle books that my kids get anymore. I’m not sure why this is. Are they old fashioned? Not fun? Do I not buy my kids enough puzzle books? I honestly don’t know the answer, but I might be able to figure it out next week when Jutiful releases Rebus for iOS and Android.

If you’re not familiar with a rebus, it’s basically a puzzle where pictures represent words or parts of words. The puzzles can be incredibly clever, but can also lean toward being groan-worthy, which is perhaps one reason that they aren’t as prevalent these days. Rebus is a puzzle game that will feature over 100 of these types of puzzles and it will be free to download. I’m guessing more puzzles will be available as IAP down the road, but 100 puzzles for nothing seems like a pretty fair deal.

Rebus will be available for both iOS and Android devices next week. After the break I’ve included more puzzles and a trailer. Post your answers in the comments and you could win absolutely nothing but the admiration of your fellow readers. Of the 7 puzzles I included in this post, I can only solidly figure out 2 of them, and one of those was only because I saw the answer. I’m guessing you guys can do a whole lot better.

REBUS-08 REBUS-07 REBUS-06 REBUS-05 REBUS-04 REBUS-02
post from sitemap

No comments:

Post a Comment