Pages

March 20, 2015

Third time’s the charm: Sorcery 3 nearing release

Miss me?

Miss me?

It’s not often that checking my inbox can make me feel like a kid at Christmas, but today was one of those days. Residing in my inbox this morning was word from interactive fiction gurus at inkle Studios that the long-awaited third chapter of the Sorcery! saga is near. Very near.

Let’s reminisce a bit. The first Sorcery! adventure put you on the path to recapture the fabled Crown of Command and trekking across the Shamutanti Hills. Part 2 was even better as you had to navigate the corrupt alleyways of the Cityport of Traps.  Book 3 will put you back on an overland journey, this time across the wastelands of Kakhabad. Along the way you have to beware of seven deadly serpents that have been sent as spies and are tracking you through the desert.

From the press release, it sounds like inkle is incorporating new mechanisms learned from their experience with 80 Days such as open world maps which will make this Sorcery! completely non-linear. It will also have a day/night cycle and the ability to travel back in time to test other choices that you left behind.

No exact release date yet, but they have narrowed things down to April. No trailer, but we do have a bevy of screenshots after the break.

s3-4-towerview2

I don’t know what this is, but I think I love it.

s3-portrait-map

All we’re missing is the Cave of Caerbannog

s3-portrait-combat

My New Year’s resolution was to figure out Sorcery! combat.

s3-11-map

Is that a serpent in your lake, or are you just happy to see me?

s3-7-brokenbridge

This is new.

s3-6-towerview

Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

s3-portrait-temple

Ye Olde Ruined Temple. D&D staple since 1974.

post from sitemap

No comments:

Post a Comment