Pages

March 18, 2015

High times: Talisman Digital Edition expands again with The Highland

Screw random character selection. I always get one of the original boring characters. Warrior, really?

Screw random character selection. I always get one of the original boring characters. Warrior, really?

Talisman Digital Edition is one of the best board game ports currently available on tablets. I’ll wait here while you mock me for saying so. Go ahead.

Done? Ok, I know many of you find Talisman to be nothing more than Snakes & Ladders in a chainmail bikini, and you’re not too far off. Yes, its a roll-and-move game. Yes, every single turn relies on copious amounts of randomness and offers few, if any, strategic choices. I can’t explain why I enjoy it so damn much, I just do. In fact, I think I love it more because of all the randomness. Oh, and the actual port itself is as polished as anything on the App Store.

Maybe that’s why new expansions for Talisman excite me so much. More stuff. Now, I have even less of a clue what will happen to my character each turn. Today, the second “big” expansion for Talisman was released for iPad, The Highland. Like the Dungeon expansion before it, the Highland brings with it a whole new board that wraps around one of the main board’s corners. It also brings over 100 new cards, 6 new characters, new endings, and more. There are also 2 other characters that you can get for free, the Pirate and Ninja, as well as one new character you can spend $2 to add to your collection, the Shapeshifter.

On top of all the additions, Nomad Games has also made some improvements to the game such as full cross-platform multiplayer, so everyone who owns Talisman can play everyone else.

You can pick up Talisman for iOS Universal and Android for $7.

Trailer for the Highland and Shapeshifter expansions after the break.

post from sitemap

No comments:

Post a Comment